Must Read Before you Buy this
30 August, 2013
Users, please find below a comprehensive review about this product which i think will give u a best picture on whether you should go for it or not.
1. This is more of a protection glass focussed on reducing strain in your eyes
2. This is majorly for Gamers who are very passionate and serious about gaming
3. This glass is a bit tough to adapt because of the technology behind it
4. This glass is very light and the frames are of medium quality
5. The tint provides a calm vibrance to the eyes but the technology behind the glasses has still to be adapted
6. These are definiteley NOT prescription glasses
7. This improves kill rate and helps gamers who play for 5 hours + continously
8. Can cause uneasiness to some users till the point u get adapted to this. U HAVE to get used to this glasses as it slightly provides the overall text in a zoomed manner.
9. Once u get used to it, u will not go without it to play any games. Call it gettting depended with the glasses or the glasses itself comforting you, it is the practical FACT.
10. The tint offers great clarity over the text in the monitor and can be of great assistance if you are watching/playing from a distance.
So, before you decide to buy this, ask yourself the following question
1. Why do you think you need this glass? Cant you manage without it? Have you seen your eyes turning red or burning after a long game play?
2. Am I a gamer who spends lot of attention to details like Kill rate, turn accuracy, dodge and reflect and similar metrics on a game play?
3. Do i spend a lot of time in PS3 or my PC and strain my eyes for more than 4 or 5 hours?
4. Do you think you need visual endurance similar to marathon game players / Networj traffic specialists who spend a lot of time in looking on continuously running things in the monitor?
So, lets go to some things that i have observed from my usage for more than a year now
1. My eye did not gain any additonal Power. Dont worry about the fear that this will induce more power to your eyes. No. This will only help you to avoid dry and burning eyes.
2. As the i-AMP technology amplifies the vision a bit, you dont have to strain much in your effort to focus on small things. You can do it with ease. This will help you be more efficient and the energy spent by the eye nerves on contracting and focussing your eyes will be lesser.
3. It was tough for me to adapt and get used to the slightly amplified vision for sometime but if you use it only during your comp usage and remove it while moving or walking away from computer, this will definitely help in gaining lesser strain. I have seen people walking with these glasses to have some sort of discomfort.
4. But once adapted, this served its purpose for me. My kill rate in all war shooting games increased. My sniper scores raised a lot, my head shots improved by 50%.
Gunnar so far, is the best in terms of specialized eye wears and their technology behind acheiving the gaming eyewears are awesome. Gunnar gives you options to choose from, whether is that the strain as a result of computing or a result of gaming. You may want to check their home page before choosing the right glasses. For frames, yes, it may not be the desired fit. But that can be easily prevented by selecting the right glasses. Not a tough nut to crack.
So, apart from the fact that this takes a bit of time to adapt, these glasses are great and I found every penny spent worth. If you are already in presecription, Gunnar also provides options to go for prescribed glasses which they ship with proper power.
I would suggest people to read, analyze the need, investigate the options and then finally decide and purchase the right one which will suit your requriements. From a brand trust perspective, i would say these guys are the experts and these glasses have proven to improve endurance. When I visit gaming expos and tournaments, i easily see 60/100 people wearing these glasses.
Hope this review helped. Thanks and Happy Buying.
Problem in saving your vote. Try again.