1 of 1 people found this review helpful
Average sound quality restricts these cans from reaching their true potential. (feat. exceptional service from amazon.in! )
4 July, 2014
Before I start this review I want to state that I am no audiophile. Just a regular Joe who loves his music! (WARNING: YOU WILL NOT FIND WORDS LIKE BASS, MIDS, HIGHS OR LOWS USED IN THIS REVIEW :P )
I previously owned a pair of skullcandy headphones and the JBL J03B
This review is divided into 6 parts:
1) What I expected from the headphone/ other headphones that I had in mind.
2) Why I bought the Philips Stretch
3) My impressions and review
4) Why I had to return these headphones.
5) Final verdict.
6) A small review on amazon.in
1) EXPECTATIONS: I wanted a sturdy well built pair of headphones that had great audio quality as well as comfort. A detachable chord was a must as I have a reputation of breaking the audio jack on headphones thus turning them into expensive chunks of plastic! My budget was 4000-5000 INR. I had the Sennheiser HD439, Audio-Technica ATH M30/ M20 and the Philips Stretch in mind.
2) WHY PHILIPS STRETCH: After a lot of research on the net I found out that these were extremely well built for the price and that they were damn comfortable. They also had a removable cable ( though not completely detachable ). When it came to audio quality however there were mixed reviews on the net and I decided to take a risk with it! The Audio-Technicas lacked removable cables. I liked the design of the Philips Stretch more than the Sennheiser HD439 so I went for it!
3) MY IMPRESSIONS AND REVIEW: The headphones came in a very sturdy cardboard box and the moment I opened it I felt like I was dealing with something very premium. Headphones and the chord felt very sturdy. The comfort was out of the world! Damn soft ear cushions (WHICH PROVIDE GOOD PASSIVE NOISE ISOLATION) and a very nice build and feel over all! If I were to rate it only based on build and comfort a definite 5 on 5! Sadly that's not all that a headphone needs to be.. MOVING ON TO SOUND QUALITY- AFTER NEARLY A WEEK OF TESTING I WAS NOT AMAZED. NOTHING TOO SPECIAL HERE. These sounded like all other headphones that I owned previously ( all of which were around 1000 INR ). I tested a wide genre of music expecting it to shine in at least one but I was disappointed. I was unhappy with my purchase.
4) WHY I RETURNED IT: Luckily for me there was a very minor defect in the the audio jack of one of the extension cables! Since I was not content with its audio quality and because I COULD I decided to return it to amazon as my order was Fulfilled by Amazon.
5) MY VERDICT: MY BOTTOM LINE WOULD BE THAT THOUGH THEY FEEL AND LOOK GREAT THEIR AUDIO PERFORMANCE IS COMPARABLE IF NOT WORSE THAN HEADPHONES THAT COST 3 TIMES LESSER.
I now own the Sennheiser HD 439 and till now have not faced any problems what so ever! A review of that is on its way!
6) amazon.in : Brilliant service from amazon! Amazon claims that customers get full protection and that they are the "MOST CUSTOMER CENTRIC COMPANY IN THE UNIVERSE". This is the first time I got to experience this first hand! They took care of everything and refunded my money without any hassle! They have a very responsive customer service desk. Amazon has truly won my trust!
Problem in saving your vote. Try again.