1 of 2 people found this review helpful
Once a Flagship
17 May, 2013
I was an avid Nokia fan had an N73 and then tumbled upon Samsung Guru to do corporate policies and after I changed my company, I made a big jump from Guru to S3. I got it at a great price ie 33K in 2 weeks of launch.
Here are my thoughts.
1) Performance - No lag in scrolling but the only place where I see it gets stuck is the address book. I updated it to JB 4.2 and its smooth interface.
2) Audio - Excellent audio compared to S2 or the previous Galaxy versions.
3) Camera - I had a lot of issues inititally with the cam but I think that was bcoz it was not caliberated. HDR version is good and the dual shot of capture on video.
4) Battery Life - I get a 10hr battery life but I think it can be better. The screen eats up a lot of battery. Little disappointed but I carry charger to office.
5) The feel - S3 is made out of poly-carbonate and without my outterbox and Flip cover, its very light.
6) Theme - Nature UI is good with the sounds. Use a 3P app if you need more functions.
7) Screen - People envy my screen. But it has its disadvantages. When you take a pic, what you see on phone is the reality.
8) Add ons - There is lots of Motions Sensor addons but I seldom use. Try them, its amazing.
Now that S4 is here, you can get S3 for a cheaper price. Don't buy a brand new, use it for sometime, if you like it, keep it and may be root it with a good ROM, else upgrade to S4 when the prices fall.
Problem in saving your vote. Try again.