The phone price is the lowest to be found online plus one gets a sealed box too. Great service and awesome phone.
Android 4.0 (In-line for Android 4.1 Jelly Bean update in August-September)
Quad-core 1.4 GHz Exynos 4212 processor
Great storage options: 16 GB to 64 GB
Though some of Samsungs add-ons are more gimmicky than functional, as a sophisticated Android handset, the Galaxy S3 is a treasure trove of features definitely worth checking out.
I was an avid Nokia fan had an N73 and then tumbled upon Samsung Guru to do corporate policies and after I changed my company, I made a big jump from Guru to S3. I got it at a great price ie 33K in 2 weeks of launch.
Here are my thoughts.
1) Performance - No lag in scrolling but the only place where I see it gets stuck is the address book. I updated it to JB 4.2 and its smooth interface.
2) Audio - Excellent audio compared to S2 or the previous Galaxy versions.
3) Camera - I had a lot of issues inititally with the cam but I think that was bcoz it was not caliberated. HDR version is good and the dual shot of capture on video.
4) Battery Life - I get a 10hr battery life but I think it can be better. The screen eats up a lot of battery. Little disappointed but I carry charger to office.
5) The feel - S3 is made out of poly-carbonate and without my outterbox and Flip cover, its very light.
6) Theme - Nature UI is good with the sounds. Use a 3P app if you need more functions.
7) Screen - People envy my screen. But it has its disadvantages. When you take a pic, what you see on phone is the reality.
8) Add ons - There is lots of Motions Sensor addons but I seldom use. Try them, its amazing.
Now that S4 is here, you can get S3 for a cheaper price. Don't buy a brand new, use it for sometime, if you like it, keep it and may be root it with a good ROM, else upgrade to S4 when the prices fall.
Just one word "wow". Bought this phone last July and I must say this is one baby I would prefer over anyone any day. Reliable and trustworthy. It has been a year and I have not faced any problem with this phone. Why I love this phone? It is the technology! Super fast, Multi tasking.etc. With a 1.4 GHz Cortex-A9 and 1 GB RAM, performance is really smooth. Touch screen is super sensitive. Viewing movies, while working on other apps is also something really convenient for avid social networking people.
What I don't feel comfortable about is the body itself. For an expensive phone, it would have been much better if Samsung built in a solid body. The back cover is flimsy. But Samsung, had a reason for this so that the phone would be extremely light. And hey, its nothing to be upset about as the phone is just too good. Try it out, Here is one phone, I would have finally have for a long time.
This is a great phone with lot of good specs.
But you will get irritated with the heat that gets generated on back of the phone.
If you face that issue frequently, go to service center and get it replaced because it would be a hardware issue. I have googled for this issue and many users reported same kind of issue.