When a seller review is marked "Verified Purchase" , it means that the customer who wrote the review purchased an item from a seller at Amazon.in or from a seller at Junglee where a purchase transaction can be confirmed.
If a seller review is not marked as a Verified Purchase, it doesn't mean that the reviewer has no experience with a particular seller - it just means we couldn't verify with certainty that a purchase was made. They may have purchased the item on a seller site without Junglee being able to confirm the transaction.
Did not received the package - got the refund.
bad experience. i didnt get the book.
Forgot to get it gift wrapped. Book is good.
The delivery never took place and the reason given was that the package was undeliverable. This is when I buy almost one product a week on Amazon. Awful seller totally unreliable.
The cube is great.. however the core is too hard to open.. And seller dont ship on holidays I mean seriously!!!
Crossword aims to be a point of cultural and social interaction where authors and poets hold court, where children are regaled, where people gravitate to be informed, to be entertained, even enlightened. The name embodies the vision of Crossword as a place and space for people who seek information, knowledge or just the pleasure of reading. Crossword stocks the widest range of Books – Movies- Music- Toys- Stationery- Magazines and CD ROM’s.
With its large children’s section and its focus on making the store a friendly, safe, fun-filled place, Crossword attracts many families who normally don’t think of visiting bookstores. Services like Dial-a-book, Fax-a-book and Email-a-book enable customers to shop from their homes; and when they come to the store, the unobtrusively helpful staffs assist them in finding the right book, the right CD or the right gift for the right occasion. Facilities like the Crossword Gift Vouchers, the friendly ‘Return, Exchange & Refunds’ policy, the Cafes within the stores and the unique store experience make it easy and enjoyable for customers to shop at Crossword. Over 2.5 lacs loyal customers are rewarded through the Crossword Book Rewards Program with points, discounts, exclusive discounts & offers and more. ‘eWords’, a monthly e-newsletter with reviews of new books, news about in store events and bestseller lists, is currently mailed to these Members.
Among the numerous writers who have visited the store are Sir V S Naipaul, Arundhati Roy, Vikram Chandra, Vikram Seth, Kiran Nagarkar, Kiran Desai, Amitav Ghosh, Shashi Tharoor, Shobhaa De, Charles Handy, Ricardo Semler and Jack Canfield. Crossword bookstores also promote the reading habit among children with a weekly activity every Sunday morning across various stores. Promotional events include Pictionary contests, quizzes, slide shows and the annual affair with Santa and his elves. Ian Anderson of Jethro Tull came for a signing, so did Macho Man Randy Savage, the WWF champion. Crossword also launched the Crossword Book Award in 1998 to recognise and reward the best of Indian writing.
Since its inception in 15th October 1992, Crossword has received wide recognition for its achievements; articles on retailing in India invariably feature Crossword. It has been featured in Advertising Age International, USA, as one of the Marketing Superstars for 1994. The Bookseller, UK, has also described it as ‘being on the cutting edge of retailing’ in India.
Crossword was ranked the 6th most admired retailer in India by Business world for the year 2006; it was the only book retailer in the top 10.
Crossword won the Reid & Taylor Award for Best Retailer of the year – Leisure & Specialty at the India Retail Summit 2005 & 2007& 2009.
Crossword won the Retailer of the Year Award - Leisure (Books, Music and Gifts Category) at the Images Retail Awards 2005 & 2007 & 2010.
Crossword received the Federation of Indian Publishers Award for excellence in Publishing for the year 2004 on 18th June 2005 at the hands of Shri Arjun Singh, Minister of Human Resource Development.
Crossword, with Eighty three stores, across Ahmedabad, Aurangabad, Amritsar, Bhopal, Bengalooru, Chennai, Delhi, Durgapur, Hyderabad, Indore, Jaipur, Kolkata, Kota, Lucknow, Mumbai, Nagpur, Nasik, Navi Mumbai, Pune, Thane, Udaipur, Vadodara, Vapi & Vijaywada is India’s fastest growing chain of bookstores.
Refunds and Returns Policies
Deliveries and Returns
· Crossword.in is committed to ensuring your satisfaction with any merchandise you have ordered from us.
· At Crossword.in we offer an EASY 14-DAY REFUND OR EXCHANGE policy. If you are not entirely satisfied with your purchase, you may exchange or return most merchandise bought from Crossword.in.
· In the unlikely event that any merchandise you have ordered from us is not received in good condition, is damaged or defective, or if merchandise delivered is different from what you had expected, you may return the merchandise unused, and in the same condition as you received it, in its original packaging along with original tags, for a refund or an exchange, within 14 days from the date on which these merchandise are delivered.
· You may return the merchandise to us in the following ways:
· Most merchandise are returnable in our stores, to check which merchandise cannot be returned in our stores please call our (022) 6191 6191 between 9:00am and 9:00pm all days. You may visit any Crossword store in India, and return the merchandise in unused condition, along with the original sale invoice, or
· You may call crossword.in customer care number (022) 6191 6191 between 9:00am and 9:00pm all days and request a return or exchange. We will arrange for the merchandise to be collected from the delivery address through courier, and returned to us. We shall process the return subject to receipt of the merchandise at our location in unused condition in its original packaging along with original tags and invoice, failing which return/ exchange / refund may not be possible. In some cases you will have to courier us the merchandise.
· Any returns/exchanges at Crossword stores, or through courier, must be accompanied by the original sale invoice, which is shipped along with the merchandise. We will not be able to accept returns which are not accompanied by the relevant original sales invoice.
· Before accepting delivery of any merchandise, please ensure that the packaging has not been damaged or tampered with. If you believe that the merchandise is not in a good condition, or if the packaging is tampered with or damaged, before accepting delivery of the merchandise, please refuse to take delivery of the package, and call our customer care number (022) 6191 6191 between 9:00am and 9:00pm all days, or you may email us at firstname.lastname@example.org mentioning your order reference number. We shall make our best efforts to ensure that a replacement delivery is made to you at the earliest.
· While we shall make our best efforts to ensure that you are fully satisfied with any merchandise you order from Crossword.in, we shall be unable to accept returns or exchanges of the Gift Vouchers & Book Rewards membership.
· Any Book rewards points which are accumulated at the time of purchase will be reversed if such merchandise, on which points were earned, is returned.
· In the event you return any merchandise which is delivered to you in damaged/defective condition, we will also refund the shipping charges applicable to that merchandise, if we are unable to exchange or replace the merchandise. The replacement merchandise will be shipped to you at no additional shipping charge.
Returns/Exchange at Crossword stores:
· Most merchandise are returnable in our stores, to check which merchandise cannot be returned in our stores please call our customer care number (022) 6191 6191 between 9:00am and 9:00pm all days. You may visit any Crossword store in India, and return the merchandise in unused condition, along with the original sale invoice.
· If you return any merchandise purchased on Crossword.in at any Crossword store, you shall be issued a Crossword credit note against receipt of the merchandise, which may be redeemed against any purchases of an equivalent amount from any Crossword store within 6 months.
· Please note that the original Crossword credit note must be produced while redeeming against any purchases. We shall not be responsible in the event the original credit note is misplaced or destroyed.
· Crossword credit note can only be used to pay for purchases at Crossword stores, and cannot be redeemed against purchases made on Crossword.in.
· The issue of Crossword credit note, to the person returning the merchandise, against the returned merchandise shall be sufficient discharge to Crossword for the return of the merchandise, regardless of whether the payment for the original purchase was made by credit/ debit card or through any other means.
Returns/Exchange through courier collection:
· If you request a return/exchange through courier collection, at the time of collecting the merchandise, you will be given a courier Airway Bill, which is to be retained for future reference. Please also keep a copy of the sales invoice for future reference, before handing over the return merchandise and original sales invoice to the courier. We will send the original invoice back to you through courier, after processing your return/exchange request.
· Exchanges through courier collection shall only be done, for merchandise with exactly the same price as the merchandise being returned. Please indicate clearly the replacement merchandise requested and our Customer Care Associate will check and confirm if the merchandise is available in stock and whether the exchange can be made.
· Any refund against a “return request” made to Crossword.in customer support, and collected by courier from the delivery address where the merchandise was originally delivered, shall be processed only upon receipt of the merchandise in unused condition, along with the original sales invoice.
· After the merchandise is received by Crossword.in, and subject to verification of the purchase and condition of merchandise we shall process a refund/exchange within 5 working days of receipt of the merchandise.
· Refunds of payments charged to the Cardholder’s credit card will only be credited back to the Cardholder’s credit card account, which was used to pay for the original order. Please note that we shall not be responsible for any delays in credit to the Cardholder’s credit card account as that is managed by the Cardholder’s issuing bank.
· Some merchandise can only be returned through courier collection process.
PLEASE CALL AT (022) 6191 6191 between 9:00am and 9:00pm all days OR MAIL US AT email@example.com if you have any queries or concerns about our returns and exchange policy
Shipping Rates and Policies
We are committed to delivering your order accurately, in good condition, and always on time.
Please note our shipping policy as follows:
· We currently deliver to major cities across India. Type your Pincode on the Home page to check Pin Codes we deliver to.
· Currently, each order may be shipped only to a single destination address. If you wish to ship merchandise to different addresses, you shall need to place multiple orders.
· We make our best efforts to ship each merchandise in your order within 3-5 working days of the order. However in some cases, we may take longer, up to 9 working days, to ship the order as we may have to procure it from some other stores or our suppliers. In the unlikely event that we are not able to ship your order completely within 6 days of the order, we shall inform you & as per your instructions cancel the remaining unshipped part of the order, and also send you an email informing you about the same. In such cases, your payment against the unshipped part of the order shall be refunded, in the manner you have made the payment.
· We ship on all week days (Monday to Saturday), excluding public holidays.
· Typically all Mumbai deliveries are completed within 3-5 days post shipment and outside Mumbai deliveries are completed within 4-5 days post shipment, excluding the date of shipping. International titles may take additional 3-4 weeks to deliver. The delivery time is mentioned on the product details page of every merchandise.
· To ensure that your order reaches you in the fastest time and in good condition, we only ship through reputed courier agencies.
· While we shall endeavor to ship all merchandise in your order together, this may not always be possible due to merchandise characteristics, or availability.
· If you believe that the merchandise is not in a good condition, or if the packaging is tampered with or damaged, before accepting delivery of the merchandise, please refuse to take delivery of the package, and call our Customer Care or mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org, mentioning your order reference number. We shall make our best efforts to ensure that a replacement delivery is made to you at the earliest.
· You may track the shipping status of your order on our website, by clicking Track Your Order
Mind Space, Link Road, Malad West.
Phone: 022 42498000 x8053